You can easily create self-grading, D2L quizzes using MS Word, Apple Pages, or any text editor, without the need to create them using the question form in D2L (which is cumbersome and time-consuming). Here are the steps to easy D2L quizzes:
- Watch this this 4.5 minute step-by-step overview video from UW-Oshkosh.
- To follow the instructions in the video, you will need to download and install the Quiz Importer Tool – here is the link to the DoIT website.
- To create your quiz in MS Word for Windows you will need to format the questions appropriately – see the instructions sheet (PDF).
- Follow the instructions in the video to create your quiz.
- NOTE for Mac users: MS Word for Mac does not work correctly with Quiz Importer Tool, but there is a simple work-around: first, create your quiz in MS Word for Mac; then, save the file as a text file using the settings in the Save As dialog box shown in the image below [Mac OS default + LF only]; next, open the saved text file in TextEdit, select all (Cmd+A), copy (CMd+C), and paste into the Quiz import Tool.