This page will include information about the forthcoming pre-conference workshop that will be presented at the (2013) 29th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning. Please visit the official DTL Conference website for conference and pre-conference workshop registration.
Session PM-5: Create study materials for iPads and mobile devices
- Event: Pre-Conference Workshop at the (2013) 29th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning (link)
- When: Wed., August 7, 1:30-4:30 PM
- Where: Monona Terrace Convention Center (link)
- Jerzy “George” Jura, Director of Academic Technology, University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Nursing
- Tim Piatt, Instructional Technology Specialist, University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Nursing
For today’s learners “on the go,” mobile-friendly instructional materials are essential. In this workshop you will explore options for delivering content on mobile devices and use free Apple iBooks Author software to create a sample interactive book chapter for iPads that includes text, images, multimedia, and interactive elements. In the process you will gain pedagogical foundations and technical skills for producing your own instructional materials for mobile learners, and an understanding of the functional differences between eBook formats on popular platforms (such as iBooks and Kindle) and devices (iOS and Android mobile devices). Detailed workshop program and information at: bit.ly/
**Required: Mac Laptop with Mac OS X (10.7.4. or later) AND iPad with iOS (5.0 or later), and syncing cable to connect iPad and Mac
**Required: If possible, for full hands-on workshop experience participants should install free Apple iBooks Author on their Mac, and iBooks on the iPad.
More information about our workshop will be available on this page in early May 2013.
Short URL for this page is: bit.ly/2013dtlpm5